Sunday, February 10, 2013

Bookish Valentine Contest

Hey everyone! There's only 1 hour left to enter Jessica's "Bookish Valentine Contest" - you have to design clever valentines with catchy lines, using your favorite period drama book or movie characters, and enter to win!

***

Here are my valentines - first, the sentimental ones:

I don't know which adaptation of Little Women this is from, but I've always, always loved Professor Bhaer's proposal under the umbrella. So romantic.  :-}


One of the most truly romantic Austen heroes, Colonel Brandon of Sense and Sensibility ...  *slight swoon*

Pa and Ma Ingalls from the Little House on the Prairie TV show (whom, I think, were just a wee bit better suited to each other than the real-life Ingallses in the books ... *ahem*)

***

And then the funnies - the self-made kings of romance themselves, the Cartwright brothers from the TV show Bonanza.

My first impulse was to make a valentine featuring Adam, the oldest, since he's my favorite:


But then I remembered that actually Little Joe was most girls' favorite, so I figured I'd better include him as well, especially since Michael Landon was so good at that weepy face:
:-)  :-)  :-)

There are my entries! Happy Valentine's Day, everyone!

Love,
Vicki

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for entering Vicki! I am so sorry, I missed some of your entries, this morning when I went to put the post together, this post was gone for some strange reason and I wasn't able to add them just now to the polls, I am sooooo sorry!!! Thank you for joining and posting your Valentines! I love them!
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats from the 94 version! If you haven't seen it you should! It's my second favorite.
    I liked your Sense and Sensibillity one a whole lot!:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for posting a comment on my blog - I love to hear your thoughts and opinions. Remember, even if we don't agree on everything, you're still my friend; so please keep your thoughts polite and friendly. God bless you!