The rules are:
1. Answer ten questions about yourself.
2. Post ten random facts about yourself.
3. Tag {some number that I don't actually know, but presumably more than one} person/people.
Here we go!
***
1. What is your favorite song?
"Untitled Hymn/Come to Jesus" by Chris Rice.
2. What is your favorite dessert?
Cookie Dough Brownies!!
3. What ticks you off?
Losing a stitch when I'm knitting! I hate that - it frustrates me to no end and freaks me out at the same time!
4. When you're feeling upset what do you do?
If I'm at home, I usually go somewhere and "tune out" with melodramatic music of some sort; if I'm on campus, I go for a walk to a picturesque place and sit quietly by myself for a while.
5. What's your favorite pet?
My sister keeps Robo Dwarf Hamsters, and they are absolutely a-DOR-a-ble!!
6. Do you prefer to wear white or black?
I prefer white, but I have trouble finding modest white clothing, so I wear much more black. But I prefer white.
7. What's your attitude?
Idealistic, romantic, dramatic, moody, nonconformist, self-critical, melancholy, and slightly pessimistic.
8. What place, object, scenario, etc. would you describe as perfection?
Wandering alone, down rugged hills and across lonely moors, feeling the rain pelting on my head and the wind twisting my skirts around me as I pull my shawl around my shoulders, searching for some ancient castle ... hearing, ghost-like, the echoes of the bards and peasants who roamed the lands under my feet ...
9. What is/are your guilty pleasure(s)?
Tommy Makem, Liam Clancy, Josh Groban, the High Kings, the Muppets, Beauty and the Beast, all Jane Austen books and movies, Star Trek, and Jane Eyre.
Tommy Makem, Liam Clancy, Josh Groban, the High Kings, the Muppets, Beauty and the Beast, all Jane Austen books and movies, Star Trek, and Jane Eyre.
10.What is your favorite pastime?
This sounds shameful, but I must admit that my favorite pastime (right now) is watching TV ... but not just movies, either; I also enjoy watching documentaries, science/reality shoes (like "Swamp People" and "River Monsters: Unhooked"), old TV shows (like "The Dick Van Dyke Show" and "Get Smart"), and Irish and gospel music shows.
***
Ten Random Facts
1. The first time I ever played the guitar and sang in public, it was a solo in front of more than 100 people. I was utterly terrified.
2. Dark brown is my favorite color of eyes. (But mine are gray.)
3. Irene Dunne is my favorite actress.
4. If I ever perform in another talent show, I'm going to perform all five verses of "Rocky Road to Dublin" as fast as I can while accompanying myself on acoustic guitar. If I can find a cheap aran sweater, I'll wear it for authenticity.
5. I saw "101 Dalmatians" in the theater with my dad when I was a little girl.
6. The greatest compliment I ever received was to be told by a musical-voiced foreigner that I had a lovely voice.
7. My most interesting campus job so far involved cooking food for lab insects who were going to be eaten in lab experiments. It was kind of disturbing ...
8. I would love to take part in a 1960's Disney car chase scene.
9. I learned to knit socks while I was recovering from the swine flu and still too weak to be up and around. And being able to say I was "too weak to be up and around" is terribly romantic, even if the disease was horrific.
10. I am terrified of any spider bigger than a pencil eraser.
***
And I'm tagging five of my lovely blog friends:
Angel
because she inspires me to be a gracious, godly lady
Katherine Sophia
because she inspires me to be adventurous and follow the Lord's leading
Frannie
because she inspires me to have a meek and quiet spirit
Jennifer
because she inspires me to turn my heart toward home and family
Erin
1. The first time I ever played the guitar and sang in public, it was a solo in front of more than 100 people. I was utterly terrified.
2. Dark brown is my favorite color of eyes. (But mine are gray.)
3. Irene Dunne is my favorite actress.
4. If I ever perform in another talent show, I'm going to perform all five verses of "Rocky Road to Dublin" as fast as I can while accompanying myself on acoustic guitar. If I can find a cheap aran sweater, I'll wear it for authenticity.
5. I saw "101 Dalmatians" in the theater with my dad when I was a little girl.
6. The greatest compliment I ever received was to be told by a musical-voiced foreigner that I had a lovely voice.
7. My most interesting campus job so far involved cooking food for lab insects who were going to be eaten in lab experiments. It was kind of disturbing ...
8. I would love to take part in a 1960's Disney car chase scene.
9. I learned to knit socks while I was recovering from the swine flu and still too weak to be up and around. And being able to say I was "too weak to be up and around" is terribly romantic, even if the disease was horrific.
10. I am terrified of any spider bigger than a pencil eraser.
***
And I'm tagging five of my lovely blog friends:
Angel
because she inspires me to be a gracious, godly lady
Katherine Sophia
because she inspires me to be adventurous and follow the Lord's leading
Frannie
because she inspires me to have a meek and quiet spirit
Jennifer
because she inspires me to turn my heart toward home and family
Erin
because she inspires me to laugh and enjoy living
***
Thanks again for the award, Alex!! :-D :-D :-D
Your Kreativ Blogging Friend,
Vicki
***
Thanks again for the award, Alex!! :-D :-D :-D
Your Kreativ Blogging Friend,
Vicki





Such sweet words,thank you and thanks for awarding me:)
ReplyDeleteAwww... Thank-you for the award Vicki! And the kind, sweet words. :D Hopefully I can get complete this tag in the next two days. :D
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderfully blessed day my friend!
In Christ,
Angel
Thanks Vicki! :)
ReplyDeleteI loved your 8th fact! :):)
Thank you Vicki! You are always such an encouragement to me, and it's kind of funny how much of a blessing even a blog award can be! Thank you. :)
ReplyDeleteYour answers are delightful here... idealist, romantic, nonconformist... Love it, particularly that last one. Much better than 'rebel' which is the word I usually use for myself and which isn't quite right. Nonconformist is perfect. :D LOL I am now appropriating it for my own use... XD
And what is it with immodest white clothes? Grr... :P
LOL @ your 7th random fact... :D That's just funny. :)
Thank you Vickie! How very sweet to think of me...it is a blessing to get one of these little things....brightens one's day!
ReplyDeleteI hope you are well and enjoying summer. And man, how I LOVE your calligraphy! So cute!
Love ya!
Frannie
I loved reading this. :)
ReplyDeleteAnd thank you so much for the tag. You always brighten my day. ^_^ I shall be doing a post about my tag soon.
I hope your summer is going wonderful, friend! *hugs* <3