Are there any people (real, on-screen, or fictional) who just always make you smile? No matter what mood you're in or what's going on in your life?
I know a few characters like that, and I'd like to acknowledge them on this happy Tuesday (since I am on summer vacation, WOO-HOO) in a little smile-inducing post. :-)
***
***
I put him #1 for a reason - nobody in the whole world makes me as happy as Gene Autry! Every time I see one of his movies or hear his voice on my iPod, I have to smile!
2. Fred Astaire
Fred Astaire was happy and funny in the movies, but you could tell that he was really sweet and gentle underneath - he makes me smile every time I see him, too.
3. Jean Arthur
It isn't just Jean Arthur's funny scratchy voice that makes me smile - I love all of her movies and how she was always a little rough around the edges. She was a great actress!
4. DeForest Kelley
Dear old grouchy Dr. McCoy. You'd never guess that underneath that fussy exterior, DeForest Kelley was actually quite the sweet, charming Southern gentleman.
5. Angela Lansbury
I've only seen Angela Lansbury in a few movies, but she never fails to make me smile - either as a coarse Cockney girl in her early movies, or as the awesome Jessica Fletcher, or as dear Mrs. Potts.
6. Clopin
While we're on the topic of Disney ... this guy is completely awesome and ALWAYS makes me smile.
6. Alan Breck
And while we're on the topic of fictional characters, dear Alan Breck always delights me with his arrogance, charm, and wit.
7. Aslan
Well, Aslan actually makes me cry almost as often as he makes me smile, but ... they're just wet smiles. :-)
8. Tommy Makem
One of the most awesome singers in Irish music history - every one of his funny songs makes me laugh!
9. David Niven
How can you not smile at someone who once declared that his life's mission was to help the world feel "chirpy"?
10. Buster Keaton
For being "The Great Stone Face," Buster sure knew how to bring smiles to people's faces. He is my favorite comedy actor ever!
***
Hopefully this little post will bring a smile to YOUR face today! :-) Have a beautiful day, my friends!
Love,
Vicki
***
Hopefully this little post will bring a smile to YOUR face today! :-) Have a beautiful day, my friends!
Love,
Vicki











Thank you so much for the prayers on my blog:) God bless!!
ReplyDeletenice post! and cute blog..i love it!
ReplyDelete