Monday, January 23, 2012

Ultimate Mind-Blowing Movie Quote Quiz

Yes, that's kind of a lame title.  *sheepish grin*  But my goal here is to create the toughest, rarest, most crazy-difficult movie quote quiz that I possibly can (not ever, because obviously there are rarer movies out there that I haven't seen; but, the toughest that I can pull out of my extensive memory and even more extensive movie collection).

This is very simple: I'm going to list 40 of the toughest movie quotes I can come up with, and you get one point for each answer (1/2 point for each Googled answer - make sure you note which ones were Googled in your comment!). The person with the most points at the end of one week wins!

First prize is the winner's choice of:

- A custom-designed blog button featuring his/her favorite movie, actor, or actress.
- The chance to write a guest review at Screenplay, my movie blog.

Second prize is whichever prize the first-place winner does not pick.

Good luck conquering the Ultimate Mind-Blowing Movie Quote Quiz!

--------------------

1. Character 1: I cannot live without my life ... I cannot die without my soul!


2. Character 1: Let them eat static.


3. Character 1: Are you going to answer me?!
Character 2: I can't! You're asking me things I can't answer! Ask the Almighty or whoever watches over us at night when we're unconscious!


4. Character 1: She was a good cook, as good cooks go. And as good cooks go, she went.


5.  Character 1: Sometimes, especially when we've been closest, I've had the curious feeling that I remind you of someone else, someone you once knew ... someone you loved as you'll never love me.


6. Character 1: I realized that in becoming a gentleman, I had only succeeded in becoming a snob.


7. Character 1: As I bear the murder of my people, so you will bear the murder of your wife.


8. Character 1: I love you. I suppose I shouldn't have said that with my husband dead so short a time.
Character 2: I don't guess people's hearts got anything to do with a calendar.


9. Character 1: From now on, if I ever get to buy another newspaper, I'll remember what a few cents can buy.


10. Character 1: We've an old proverb in England that says, "Those who sail without oars stay on good terms with the wind."


11. Character 1: Any man failing to report for duty will be promptly hanged. Amen.


12. Character 1: It's a conspiracy, I tell you. The minute you start they put you on the all-American sucker list. You start out to build a home and wind up in the poorhouse. And if it can happen to me, what about the guys who aren't making $15,000 a year? The ones who want a home of their own. It's a conspiracy, I tell you - against every boy and girl who were ever in love.


13. Character 1: Really let that seep in. What are you getting? Because to me, that's part man-smell, and the other part is really bad man-smell. I don't know why, but overall it just smells like the color brown. Your thoughts?


14. Character 1: Afraid this tea's pathetic ... I must have used these wretched leaves about twenty times. But it's not that I mind so much - tea without milk is so uncivilized.


15. Character 1: Silence! Silence! I'll have no more of it!
Character 2: No more silence, sir?


16. Character 1: If two members of staff have to fall in love and decide to get married, there's nothing one can say. But what I do find a major irritation are those persons who are simply going from post to post looking for romance.


17. Character 1: Did he tell you he loved you?
Character 2: Yes ... no. It was every day implied but never declared.


18. Character 1: If you ever get hungry, our garden back home is full of snails. We tried everything to get rid of them. We never thought of a Frenchman!


19.  Character 1: I've fought these people before. They have to prove their superiority every day - it's their one tremendous weakness.


20. Character 1: Where'd it come from?
Character 2: From a chicken, bug-wit.


21. Chapter 1: Why is it that you sneer every time you refer to this country? You've done pretty well here. I don't get it.


22. Character 1: Who's after him, man?
Character 2: Everybody! Even the government!


23. Character 1: One more word of your sauce, and I'll have your liver for breakfast.


24. Character 1: Every man has a final weapon: his own life. If he's afraid to lose it he throws the weapon away.


25. Character 1: Why, you speak treason!
Character 2: Fluently.


26. Character 1: That's an awful big town, San Francisco.
Character 2: Strictly a one-whistle stop. There's only one city in the U.S.A., and that's New York.


27. Character 1: Look around you! This is where the path of hatred has brought us!


28. Character 1: Leave him alone, all right? He's a real special kid and, and I have high hopes for him and ... I think if he works really hard, he can get an academic scholarship to Wabash College and can get out of this place.
Character 2: Why, do you have something against this place?


29. Character 1: And ... I think you're handsome.
Character 2: You think I'm ... ?? Now, wait a minute! I'd like to believe that, but I can't be dishonest with myself.


30. Character 1: If I were not mad, I could have helped you. Whatever you had done, I could have pitied and protected you. But because I am mad, I hate you. Because I am mad, I have betrayed you. And because I'm mad, I'm rejoicing in my heart, without a shred of pity, without a shred of regret, watching you go with glory in my heart!


31. Character 1: When your head says one thing and your whole life says another, your head always loses.


32. Character 1: Don't tell me about your little problems! I'm only interested in results!


33. Character 1: A gun is a tool, M-----; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.


34. Character 1: Well, it's a form of self-expression. Some people write books. Some people write music. I make speeches on street corners.


35. Character 1: Hey Scotty, you're not Scottish, are you?
Character 2: No.
Character 1: Well then, why do they call you Scotty?
Character 2: Because I'm Irish.


36. Character 1: I think they're trying to make a butler out of me.
Character 2: They're trying to make a lady out of me.
Character 1: Well, they won't have no luck.
Character 2: Thank you very much!
Character 1: Now hold on, I didn't mean...
Character 2: I don't suppose they'll have any luck making a gentleman out of you, either.


37. Character 1: A gentle smile often breeds a kick in the pants.


38. Character 1: There's an old song that says: One white foot buy 'em, two white feet try 'em, three white feet be on the sly, four white feet pass 'em by.


39. Character 1: I have to leave you now. I'm going to that corner there, and turn. You must stay in the car and drive away. Promise not to watch me go beyond the corner. Just drive away and leave me, as I leave you.


40. Character 1: Of course he talks! Why, he can recite the first line of Gunga Din!

 --------------------

Good luck everybody!  :-)

Love,
Vicki

4 comments:

  1. This is horrible... LOL I know I know #14 - but can't think of it for the life of me...
    I want to say #11 is from Captain Blood - but maybe that's just the picture you have throwing me off... LOL
    #25 I want to say is Captain Blood himself, but then again maybe I just really want to watch that movie again or read the book. XD
    I know #33 - only I feel like I've read it, not watched it, so I really don't know. :)

    The others I have not even a shadow of an idea - but I'm looking forward to finding out where they're all from! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Fun! I love these games! :)
    4. Mrs. Miniver?
    8. Hondo?
    13. Tangled?
    14. The Great Escape?
    15. Goodbye Mr. Chips
    18. Sens and Senseability
    27. Pochahontas?
    38 True Grit?
    I really recognized number 37 and 39!!!
    I didn't look any up.

    I love your blog background! :)
    Thanks for commenting on my blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I am simply drea'ful with these but I'll give it the ole fashioned hi ho try….

    #1. Adore the quote - have absolutely NO IDEA what it comes from.

    #2. Hmmm - No idea so I'll just randomly guess something. Maybe I can make you laugh….It's Ummmm Grover from Sesame Street! (I have no idea where that idea came from btw).

    #3. No idea either but I am going to say Return to Cranford - because I haven't watched it and I could see Mrs. Pole saying something like that.

    #4. *giggle* Ouch..um. *tries to think of a movie with good food in it* No idea still… Lark Rise to Candleford.

    #5. Strangely I feel like crying after that quote - still no idea.

    #6. Mr. Darcy in Lost in Austen - still just stabbing in the dark…

    #7. *shudder* I have nooo idea.

    #8. Aw, sweet…still no clue

    #9. *raises one eyebrow* nada clue….

    #10. Ummm White Cliffs of Dover - I know that is wrong but that is the only movie I could see with a sailing scene…

    # 11. Ouch - no idea…

    # 12. Something about a Dream House….I've only seen it once but it was intersting….

    #13. TANGLED!!!!! Eugene

    # 14. The Great Escape.

    # 15. *giggle* I love it…no idea where though…

    # 16. nooooo idea.

    # 17. Sense and Sensibility. Can't remember with version though…

    # 18. *giggle* nooo idea.

    # 19. I like that quote but I have no idea where it cometh frometh….

    # 20. Nope I have no idea…

    # 21. No idea again…

    # 22. I KNOW THIS ONE!!!! I think…or maybe not.

    # 23. *giggle* I think I like it…

    # 24. Oh that is powerful - but I have no idea what it comes from.

    # 25. Liketh! But no idea…

    # 26. No idea… again…are you getting bored of me saying that yet?

    # 27. I know this one…I know this one - but I have no idea where it comes from though…

    # 28. Hmmmm….nope…no idea.

    # 29. Sounds like a fun movie - no idea..

    # 30. Still no idea..

    # 31. I LOVE IT!!!! But no idea…

    # 32. Still de nada…

    # 33. Sounds cool…no idea..

    # 34. This sounds like fun…

    # 35. *giggle* I LOVE IT!!!

    # 36. Man From Snowy River.

    # 37. No idea…

    # 38. I've heard it…but again no idea..

    # 39. de nada….

    # 40. Hmmm again I don't know…

    Well….I don't know many but I thought it would be fun to leave a LOOOOOONG Comment…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU are a GOOFBALL!!! :-D

      Thanks for playing! The ones you guessed, you actually got right ...

      But who will be the winner? Duh-duh-DUUUHHHHH .......

      Love,
      Vicki

      Delete

Thank you so much for posting a comment on my blog - I love to hear your thoughts and opinions. Remember, even if we don't agree on everything, you're still my friend; so please keep your thoughts polite and friendly. God bless you!